East Rockaway High School
Dear East Rockaway Families,
We hope this message finds you well!
Please find attached newsletter and resources from the Guidance and Pupil Personnel department.
Additionally, here are some articles that may be helpful during this challenging time.
COVID-19 Specific Resources
College Admissions & STEAM Guide
Wishing you well!
East Rockaway Seniors Visit Adelphi University
East Rockaway students attend panel discussion by East Rockaway Alumni
Welcome to the East Rockaway Guidance/School Counseling Department
website. The East Rockaway school counselors are committed to working
with all students to assist them in reaching their individual academic
and personal potential. Our counseling program encompasses academic
planning, social development, skill development and transitional
activities. We have created a developmental counseling program for
students in grade 7 - 12 where our school counselors work with our
students, their families, teachers, and building administration to
maximize the middle and high school experience.
Our school counseling program includes:
* Academic planning and monitoring
* Individual and group guidance sessions
* Transitional advisement: elementary to middle school, middle school to
high school and high school to college/employment/military/vocational
* Problem solving and decision making
* College exploration and planning, including visits to college campuses
* College representative visits: during the school day in the fall of
each year and at our annual H.O.L.L.E.R. program at Molloy College in
* Evening parent information sessions: college exploration activities,
college testing information, financial aid procedures and availability,
high school planning and success, college application procedures and
* information on important topics including PSAT, SAT and ACT testing,
BOCES Occupational Education programs, NCAA eligibility, scholarship
availability and middle school/high school strategies for success
* access to the Naviance Family Connection program where students and
families can obtain information related to college acceptance rates,
scholarship information and post high school planning
* and much more.....
We look forward to working you our students and their families. Please
contact us with any questions you may have at any time during the school
Jennifer Melecio - School Counselor
Jim O'Driscoll - School Counselor
Donna Robbins - School Counselor